Mission & Vision
To be a national leader in transforming lives through an innovative, rigorous, and compassionate approach to education.
• We continually strive to strengthen and improve the positive impact we have on our students and community: transforming their lives, as well as our own, through our work
• We will become known nationally as an institution that “makes a difference”
• We continually strive to innovate – finding new and more effective ways to educate and serve students
• We sustain rigor in our work – holding high standards and expectations for both our students and for ourselves
• We approach our work with compassion – acknowledging the whole person, working with integrity and caring, accepting people where they are and moving them forward without sacrificing standards or expectations; bringing joy, honesty, and understanding to our work.
AIS inspires, prepares, and empowers students to succeed in a changing world.
• We inspire students to learn and to develop as whole people: intellectually, physically, and emotionally
• We inspire students to continue learning throughout life
• We prepare and empower students to be successful by helping them develop the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to enter or progress within the work force and to adapt and thrive in our increasingly diverse and ever-changing world.